Sunday, March 4, 2012

February vacation :)

After 4 months we finally had 2 weeks off again. :)

This time we decided not to travel this "far" like in october, but to travel a bit.

As we had tickets for a show of the full of hate tour (09.02.2012 @Hamburg), we did actually nothing the first few days. The day before we left for Hamburg, we had to take Lucie to her aunt, which is one of my best friends. She was so nervous, it was hard to calm her down. But luckily we had a lot of treats to detract her from this stressful situation.

You may have seen my little review for the show on Facebook and I have to disappoint you, because I did not take pictures this time. I was just stunned by the show and actually unable to move for couple of times. I hope you will be able to catch Behemoth during the US tour this year, Angela.. You REALLY are going to enjoy this.

This link will forward you to some pictures taken in Hamburg.

This link will forward you to a review of the magazine Metal Hammer, including 120 pictures. Actually the photographer looked pretty annoyed the whole show and I was wondering what his problem was.. However the pictures are okay.

Nevertheless, the best pictures have been taken by this guy at the show Praha, but I guess you have already seen those pictures, love. ;)

Too keep up with my main theme, lets get back to food again.

Breakfast in Hamburg is amazing. You simply need to get into a bakery and will find the most amazing pastry in this world. Actually "Franzbrötchen" are a speciality which has been available in Hamburg only first, but according to Wikipedia, you can get those in Hanover, too. Holy crap. I need to check this asap. I mean.. We are talking about dough, filled with sugar and cinnamon, which turns to toffee during baking. It is pretty simple, yes, but I can not imagine of anything comparable.

After heaving breakfast at Hamburg main station, we had a couple of hours until our hostel room was ready, therefore Mike and I decided to went shopping and "surprisingly" found my favourite stores to spend some money at.


I'm simply in love with the products Lush is selling.. You may have a look at their online shop . Actually you have to be proud of my self-control because all I have purchased is a lip scrup and a lip tint . For some reason the colour of the lip tint is different in the US, because the one I own has a milky coffee tint.
In case that you do not know accessorize, have a look here . I have purchased a pair of "slippers" which actually are similar to ugg boots. I don't like those usually, but who cares what kind of shoes I am wearing at home.. and it has been pretty cold within the last weeks. ;)

As everyone is getting hungry after walking around and shopping we decided to have lunch at a sushi bar (back at Hamburg main station actually). It was awesome. I really love it. Is there any place in this world you get paid for eating sushi? No? Of course not.. if so, meeting me and they'd be bankrupt in zero time.



Finally at about 3:00 pm we had been able to get our stuff and our asses into our hostel room and therefore into our beds. As you can imagine, I was not been able to catch that much sleep, but could rest a bit. To prevent any issues like dehydrogenation we were looking for dinner after getting ready for the evening.

Applepie and double chocolate toffee brownie - pure fucking metal xD


white coffee with cranberry syrup.. nomnom

The location of our hostel was just perfect, because we had to walk only a few minutes to get to the concert hall. As I already mentioned, the show was awesome. And of course we had to catch some merchandise after the show. You may have a look here for the shirt I got. Unfortunately, the shirt Mike purchased is no longer available at the webshop and I can't take a picture for you now. However, it is one of the "Abyssus Abyssum Invocat" shirts.

Of course we had to have breakfast the next morning as well. ;) After a show like this you need to have a pretty good breakfast and as we booked our hostel room without breakfast service, we had to find ourselfs a cafe.

 

This day, we left Hamburg to travel to my sister and brother in law in Mönchengladbach to spend the weekend there. Those have been awesome days, because we never met before, only talked on the phone. After the weekend we took the train to Cologne to do a bit more shopping and left for Hanover the same day.

It has been a great trip and we have been able to relax and catch some energy for the next 4 months. Already looking forward to the next vacation. xD

Hope you're having a good week. :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment